Monday, March 26, 2012

The Seeds We Plant

http://dreyne.com



Waking to the morning hours that are more like what we should be experiencing in March... Forecast says a chance of frost tonight ending the days of last week with 3 of them being in the mid 80's which was something that doesn't happen here in Ohio normally... We received over 2" of rain over the weekend flooding fields and filling drainage ditches.... All this has slowed my thought process of outdoor decorating down to turtle speed...


"DON'T JUDGE EACH DAY BY THE HARVEST YOU REAP BUT BY THE SEEDS THAT YOU PLANT" Robert Louis Stevenson



Sometimes I have wishes that I could not have to always be so resourceful and could just go buy anything I wishes to make a space what I would really like it to be, but then reality is always setting in and reminding me that is not the case... Then I try my darnest to stay focused and positive and figure out what the budget can allow and go searching.... Guess that has much to say about the sweet words I shared in the above paragraph...

Course my all time desire is to make objects bounce with personality and charm and not necessarily be what someone else may desire... I do not base my life on others desires... These thoughts are to me what makes a house "my home"... We didn't do much over the weekend.. Saturday night ate at home... followed by the Ohio State Basketball NCAA tournament game... { have I admitted I have tired of the basketball season... the March madness always does me in} Sunday we attended church, followed by coming home and making a breakfast of bacon and a cheese omelet with a buttered muffin ... I always try to get supper mess done before I clean up the kitchen as I did yesterday... All dishes we made so they could be prepared in the oven... The afternoon was spent reading a book I started...It was a relaxing weekend... and I hope yours was the same...

Looking around the house time is telling me it is time to get this posted and get the Monday chores started.... Sending best wishes and many blessings your way....



5 comments:

Sandi said...

Loving those old doors for a gate in that 2nd photo and I adore Donna's tinker house!! I am ready to go get flowers, but it is just too early. I did buy and pot up a few violas this past weekend, but that is all. I may have to cover my small lilac bushes tonight because they are full of buds!! Have a super day!!
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

We too are cold with cold winds ...Brrrr!!
I don't mind "making do". It gives me a good feeling....
Have a Great Week!!
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Sounds like you sure had a wonderful weekend Marietta. Ours was fine, too, last Saturday evening there was the Light Parade which took place in our street, my sister, BIL and my two nieces were also here, I cooked them a nice meal, had some banana chocolate cake which I baked in the morning and we had a great time. Last Sunday we went to visit my MIL (who's 90 now). The weather over here is lovely, really wonderful, a few more days and then temps are getting lower again, alas... But we always take a day as it comes. All the best to you, Ira

victorian parlor II said...

I often think it would be nice to just buy what I want for the house (I was in a fabulous antique store last weekend and could have spent a fortune if I had it) and then I realize-where's the fun in that? It's the hunt and the creativity that makes it special:). Anyone can buy a look but it takes talent to create one:)!

Blessings,

Kim

Susie said...

Our weather has changed the past 3 days. Frost warnings, freeze warnings, we lucked out. But the wind is fierce. I have beautiful garden dreams...can't always afford the plants I want. If you have generous friends and neighbors, maybe you could swap plant starts. Smiles, Susie (She Junks)