Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Culivate A Haven




Mantel In Garden... http://gossipinthegarden.com



Another incredible day at my peaceful spot in the country in NW. Ohio.

Yesterday I stared cleaning up in the garden space in front of my home as you enter in until Tom came and said he saw a fairly large snake...Being the total whimp that I am at just the sound of it I was done working outside for the day... I wish I could conquer this but I totally freak out at just even a picture of one let alone the real thing... I know these things come with the weather we are having being at least a month early and with that so does the early hibernation come to life... It will take a day or so for me to get big and brave to go back and work there... Just the thought of it writing has me shivering with goosebumps.... brrr..

I am doing a few chores today... right now the laundry... but have a small urge to do something that pleases the soul... The search for inspiration always seems to accomplish that.. How we create our own spaces can be our own doing... I enjoy quiet dining, a lovely space for entertaining guests and to bathe... all this a part of being feminine... We need this just a a guy needs his man cave and to be in the garage... When not having a large amount of space key would be to make the spaces what you enjoy the most... Any space can be a opportunity to cultivate . Soon I will be thinking of decks but as of right now Tom cut out new lattice for under deck yesterday and will be staining those and the deck floors soon for use... so I am on hold for a but... I feel oh so fortunate to have a large yard and outdoor living space.. Certainly not the yards of a mansion but it takes a couple hours on a riding mower to cut the grass so I have a place to go meander a bit... I love to play dress up... oh no not on me... I am jeans only person... but I love playing dress up on my home...The word "Luxury" just is as simple as being comfortable or we wouldn't consider it "Luxury"... When looking at the word in this manner it seems quite easy to achieve...I do believe we have the feeling from time to time to be lifted to a different space and do a but of day dreaming...I do more in retirement but most of the time it just feels right... I want to take some time soon to search out some found objects to create my outdoor retreat... the wonderful area with no walls but yet a space that beckons you to come... A firm believer that a good home must be made with ones passions and sense of charm.... not bought......


1 comment:

Linda said...

A snake? I guess I should be grateful for living in the city. I have never seen one, thankfully. It would take me a while to go back into the garden after that myself. Nice blog.