Monday, March 12, 2012

Charming










Enjoyed a peaceful lovely weekend... it was very mild and sunny... Today we are having a few showers but a fairly pleasing temp for this time of year...

I have had my mind and thoughts wondering once again to the outdoor spaces and thoughts of fabulous flea markets finds to repurpose into out side decorating... I would like to use some as planters of sorts for bedding flowers... Most of the time visions are wonderful but where are we to search and seek for them...

I was viewing the Country living magazine over the weekend { along with completing 3 books} and found several charming things of interest... If you like a object it is fine to take it out of doors... so it fades and patina comes along with adding character....

I miss the outdoor space and it was wonderful just to be able to go yesterday afternoon and pick up small branches that continue to fall from strong winds... Tom should be returning from his 4 days in Indy and the Big Ten Tournament... The outcome was not to his liking being we are Ohio State fans but Michigan State played a great game and came away with a tournament win... I myself am ready for basketball season to be over and move on and be able to sit out and watch the crack of the ball bat and some base running.... I do not watch pro baseball ... just enjoy the high school Tinora Rams... and looking forward to good things this spring from them... In ending the short post this day I would like to leave you with a wonderful thought.....


WHEN GOD OPEN DOORS ... WE NEED TO WALK RIGHT THROUGH... OTHERWISE WE WILL MISS WHAT HE HAD WAITING FOR US.....





2 comments:

victorian parlor II said...

I too am looking forward to working in the garden although our winter has been mild so I have spent more time outdoors than usual. I love the quote you posted-it is so true!

Blessings,

Kim

Unknown said...

Wow, Marietta! You HAVE been doing some reading alright! Nice to hear you enjoyed yourself so much during the weekend. Over here temperatures are gradually going up, yesterday we even had lots of sunshine already and we spent some time outdoors, which was truly lovely! Hope you're doing fine, take care, Ira