Friday, March 9, 2012

A Bit Of Time For Myself

I am relaxing and enjoying the moments and as soon as I post I will finish the last few pages of a __Time To Embrace ___ and know it will remain in my mind as one of the better reads I have ever enjoyed.... The books are written by Karen Kingsbury .... I purchased these on Ebay... as I have many of the Amish reads I have enjoyed as of late... I have been reading till 1:30 in the morning as of late... finding my peace there...
Tom is off to Indianapolis, Indiana to spend time with his son and grandchildren and to attend the NCAA Big Ten tournaments and cheer on his beloved Ohio State Buckeyes.... I will sit in my lazy boy and view it from the confines of my living room... I do not attend games of that amount of people... After my heart attack I have had attacks of vertigo with large amounts of people and heights of which I never suffered before... It is a time he loves to spend with his son and I am sure they are on the golf course right now together although it is really not quite golf weather... chilly... windy... but the sun is shinning and they are not fair weather golfers so I can see the smile on both their faces right now....
Last evening we attended the guys basketball tournament and it was our Tinora Rams last game for this season... We had a fair season and I am very proud of our guys in the green and white as they are a great group of guys that give it their all till it's over... Sometimes life can be hard to do that... Everyday living can be really tough on given days....
Back to the books ... they are hard truths told of the struggles and challenges but leaves you wanting to cheer on marriage... these two books are truly a amazing and humbling experience in reading and exploring your own life .... I thought book one was wonderful reading but book two was even much better...I am off to finish the last few pages....


2 comments:

Sandi said...

I love Karen Kingsbury as an author, but I haven't read anything lately! I must remedy that soon! I will have to check out these books...my mom might even have them. :)
Have a wonderful time doing what you love while Tom is gone.
Blessings~

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful that you are able to do some relaxing ready while Tom is sharing some time with his son? I think you two have stories to tell when you see each other again. It's also nice for the boys to spend time together. Enjoy all of your lovely reading Marietta, all the best, Ira