Thursday, May 29, 2008

ONE MAN'S JUNK..ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE


Right before I retired ... at work this time- worn frame made it into the dumpster... with the statement... what a piece of junk.... I rushed out...dumpster diving retrieved what I believe to be a wonderful time ravished very old Victorian frame... I just love this old beauty... but many would say...yuck..... beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.... I had this old vintage jewelry in my home for awhile in my hummm... what am I gona do with this box..... A old cabinet card and lace collar and SOOOO SIMPLE.... Great with my old victorian stuff.....

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Beautiful assemblage, Marietta!!! You are so right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I love this like you do! xxoo, dawn

Free Art Printables said...

Great find! I have you entered in my drawing! Good luck! Jen R

Myrna said...

I LOVE what you did with the cabinet card!You gave me a good idea with a picture I have of my dad's 'cousin Maddy'! What a great find in the frame!Beautiful work!
Blessings,
Myrna