Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chippy Ceiling Tin





I purchased this large 30" ceiling tin several months ago and it laid in the garage and I thought I have to do some thing with it. I am doing a bride tree for Christmas so I thought I would make something to connect with that theme. I did get some ornaments made for the tree this past week. Opps back to the tin....Dawn shared this lovely bride on one of her older posts... The tin has antique lace... old cuffs.. very old buttons.... brooch...ribbons.....mother of Pearl buckle... and papers....It is very shabby and chippy.....I have a large easel I am going paint white and set it in front of the fireplace over summer till I start decorating for Christmas the last week in October....


2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Marietta!! This turned out so GORGEOUS!! You are quite the artist my friend....I love the different textures and of course you know that I love the colors ~ vanillas and sepias are my favorite! xxoo, Dawn

Myrna said...

GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!
Beautiful job!