Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Antique Shop on Way For Visit
























Yesterday, Tom and I took another couple and made a trip up close to Fremont , Indiana on Snow Lake to visit with old friends. On the way of course we hit a Antique Shoppe....but for a short time only. I snatched up a few things..... The etched jar in the first pic...added a touch of antique lace and a brooch.... a vintage shawl with some flowers... I love to have these instead of doilys and I use them for tree skirts on my smaller trees. I only gave 2.50 for this one... Course a card of old buttons for altered art.... a whim buy of a shoe picture or post card holder and some antique cuffs for altered art. Thought the cuff would be sweet with a vintage button added...
Not too bad for 45 minutes in shop. I almost got another beaded purse but thought maybe next time....
We had a great visit with friends I hadn't seen in about 22 years... They have a lovely all season home on snow lake... by Lake James. It is located on a water canal right near the lake so is a very quiet setting. It was rather chilly so we weren't out much but still enjoyed as we sat in a all glass room on 2nd floor overlooking all. Ate 2 meals out and lived like a queen for about 9 hours... Well, today is back to reality... the wash machine is going and just got finished with household chores and this afternoon it is grocery shopping... Yep.. I'm back to the real thing... my glass slipper got traded in for a resin card holder... Isn't that just the way it goes... Thats the reason we have to enjoy the moments...

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

I love the treasures you found, Marietta!!! I'm so slow in an antique store, I'm afraid I might miss something! Thank you so much for visiting Faith, for introducing her and her giveaway ~ such a nice place, this Land of Blog is, xxoo, Dawn